Foundry Maintenance Manager
Due to a retirement, our client seeks a Foundry Maintenance Manager. This role is responsible for improving the safe and productive operation of the foundry, mainly through ensuring the efficient and uninterrupted operation of foundry equipment and facilities with a hands on approach as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accomplish organizational targets for quality, customer service and expense by:
- Communicating job expectations;
- Planning, monitoring and appraising job results;
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; and,
- Initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance staff to ensure that all requisite tasks are handled quickly and efficiently within budget restraints. Supervise across shifts assuming a 24-hour operation environment.
- Develop, improve, maintain and manage a comprehensive and cost effective preventative maintenance program. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.Coordinate monitor contractor activities for routine and project work.
- Support Production Managers and Supervisors to maximize overall safety, productivity, product quality and reduce costs.
- Possess an inter provincial Red Seal as a Millwright or Industrial Electrician; or have demonstrated skills and knowledge as a Maintenance Mechanic.
- Formal and hands-on training in the maintenance and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems; PLC and/or other controls.
- Post-secondary education or training in industrial supervision, project management, lean manufacturing, or similar.
- Applicants with equivalent education combined with applicable experience may also be considered.
- Experience supervising a diverse group, including skilled tradespeople, within an industrial workplace.
- Several years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or Electrician within a manufacturing operation, ideally a foundry or similar.
- Experienced in a foundry environment or equivalent is considered an asset.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly motivated, self-starter. Demonstrated ability to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” and improve processes.
- Understanding of manufacturing principles and practices, ideally combined with working knowledge of similar manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other common applications.
Monarch Industries Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If this position is of suitable interest to you, please submit your resume in full confidence to:
Wanda Steiner, President, Steiner Search Group via email at email@example.com.
For more information, visit: www.steinersearchgroup.com
Go Back to Opportunities